Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Saving Hermit Thrush


















Today this little bird, Catharus Guttatus, common name Hermit Thrush,ran into my front window. This happens several times a year and birds usually recover and fly away, but this little bird just sat there with it's eyes closed, and even when I got close by it did not move. So I had to decide, go to exercise or to take this little bird to somewhere where it might have a chance to survive, need I say more?. I easily captured it with a towel, and put it in a paper bag. I rushed it to the Willowbrook Wildlife Heaven to it's animal hospital to see what they can do... The nice lady at the front desk took my information and told me that they will look over the bird and make sure that it will be taken care of... I hope so....

No comments:

Post a Comment